Sunday, January 3, 2010

MS SCROOGE


25 DECEMBER 2009 FRIDAY
OSAKA

Because we have to take the night bus the next night to go the ski trip, i thought like might as well just kaikai at osaka before going. This is like my REAL first time in Osaka even though its just 53 minutes away from my place. Paiseh (#-_-#). But the 2way train tickets to Osaka cost 1580yen (rm50) and I didn't want to just spend only one day at Osaka then go back but there weren't much chance until now soo....

I really beh tahan to use too much money on transportation. I mean I can still stand it if the money goes to good food. I get the satisfaction of eating it, but for transportation? In my mindset 1000yen = a normal blouse, 1500 yen = a really nice blouse, 2000yen = a decent one piece.
There's quite a lot events going on around here like activities with host family (okaasan outings) which are usually held in Kobe, or MSAJ (Malaysia blabla Association Japan) raya party in Osaka or xmas dinner at Kyoto. まあ、stuff like those.
So i don't really mind giving up a normal blouse to go Kobe, but a really nice blouse (Osaka - 1580yen) or a one piece (Kyoto - around 2000yen hehe i forgot) where i won't even have the slightest recollection  of the journey in the train once I get off it (cause i would be sleeping throughout the whole thing) just for some dinner?? No way!

ok... wait.. sorry.. i got too far away from my main story.. this was supposed to be about the Osaka trip before the Ski Trip. But now i really feel like talking more about this topic .. i must have kept it bottled up too long.  And its a bit troublesome to re-alter what I wrote on top so.. i'll just leave it be.


Looking back to when I first came here, I was wayyyy too innocent(=stupid, dumb, dim-witted.... call it what you want). The weekend I arrived, senpai asked me if wanna go 花見 at Osaka. I probably, no, I'm SURE  I definitely had asked if the transportation fee to Osaka is considered expensive  and she said

'no la!'

I was to find out much later she's the type who spend money like water =.=

Then  not long after that was the ex-akashi-senior-homewarming-party at Kyoto. -.- Really i was too too innocent back then. I mean its kinda nice to meet with new senpais and I wouldn't have minded as much if we did some shopping or sight-seeing (or if i really really enjoyed the time together). But to eat-talk-eat-come back? No way! I actually did something 'like' shopping after the 花見at Osaka..... There were like 7 people that time and some senpais breathing down my neck. .........I'm just not the type that can enjoy shopping while there's a whole group of people waiting for me outside the shop. And I bought a stupid expensive electronic dictionary some senpai insisted as a 'MUST HAVE' for 25000yen (>rm800)  . G.o.d. Why was I so s.t.u.p.i.d.


I think I only managed to grasp Japan's 'the money feel' (as in how much is 'expensive' and 'cheap' --> eg: udon outside 370yen =rm12 is considered cheap o.O) after the Hokkaido trip during summer.

Oya did you know? The Japanese gals my year who lives in dorm get pocket money 10000yen = (rm400) per month. But they have to pay the handphone bill themselves which is pretty expensive and usually costs around 4000yen so they're left with 6000yen which is NOT a lot if you consider the transportation fees in japan AND outside meal which can easily cost up to 1000yen per meal. I was kinda shocked when they told me cause I thought they would get a lot more. And the amount they spend to buy birthday or christmas present for their boyfriends is around 4000yen = rm160. I find stuff like this interesting ^^. bah... i'm just too 'pat' . There was this girl who spent 8000yen though o.O


anyways
Good bye, hasta la vista, and good riddance innocent me! \(^o^)/

ps:  My Japanese teacher invited us, akashi foreign students, over to her house which is somewhere in Kobe for a new year lunch party (if 10 ppl can count as a party) today. Yours truly will NOT be going though ^^.
I don't see why I should give up a normal blouse just to eat myself fat and spend time with the same old foreign students when I can talk to them here in the dorm if I want to.

4 comments:

叶子 said...

JJ n i did not buy electronic dictionary. Altot it seem it is needed but with 30000yen, i can ady buy half normal laptop. with dis thinking, i decided not to buy XD
N, quite surprised u stil convert YEN to RINGGIT while spending money in Japan (or perhaps juz convenient for ur family to read ur blog..) As long as u knw where u spend n how u spend then ok lo. hehe. if say transport, mine lagi cham, so kampung. go osaka oso nid 1890yen-One way. u cham, got ppl lagi cham. haha.
* happy to see ur new post here. HuHu~~

teng said...

yala i so so stupid!! now i oso no use the electonic dictionary.. super regret.
yaya i convert to rm so my family can understand my 悔しさ ^^

Anonymous said...

shit, living in japan so damn expensive and you are not in tokyo somemore. btw, new year you got buy fukubukuro bo? i was so tempted to buy it through internet last year :x
-jas

teng said...

>jas
god.. how come u noe so much about japanese culture one??? walao.. fukubukuro oso noe... haha.. nay i din buy in the end. scare its full of stuff i don't like

Featured Post

Saipan Day 4 Diving at Grotto