Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Asia Junior Sports Exchange Games

Dear bloggy,

Life have been awesome lately and I feel like I'm about to pop from happiness and shiawase-ness.

Or maybe I'm just feeling high from the new coffee.

Recently, I had the honor of being the secretary/guide for our kl table tennis team for the Asia Junior Sports Exchange Games held in Tokyo. So basically my job is to make sure the 3 girls, 3 boys and 3 officials are safe and that the program goes smoothly and the team understand what's going on. My first time mixing with 12-15 years old peeps after being one myself so you can imagine how..... stimulating it is for me.











                                              




On the first day, after brooding over what to call me for a long time, one of the 小瓜blurted out the word 'aunty' and I was like



First time in my entire life kena referred as aunty. Thank you, Anabelle. I will remember you forever haha. It reminded me of the episode my mum told me where after we moved to our new house in miri, she heard the neighbour's kid calling 'ah po! ah po!' and my mum was like turning round and round trying to search who the kid was calling - to realise the little boy was calling HER! XD

Anyway, after that, they quickly learn that I only respond to them when they call me 'jie' or 'leng lui'. Since my mei mei doesn't call me jie, it's also actually the first time in my whole life to be referred as jie :`)

One thing I realised about the kl badminton and table tennis teams is that the badminton team is reallyyy high in the morning whereas the table tennis team is docile and drowsy. Then in the evening  after the matches, the table tennis team becomes little monsters whereas the badminton team is worn out and becomes docile.
                       

the badminton team's girls... i missed out taking picture with one of them :( 


小瓜們 were all awed by my flip-phone which was provided by my company to keep in touch.  Sort of like "wow!! what is this magic?? " reaction. All had smartphones already and were constantly taking selfies and searching for wifi. I finally got to use the phrase  "Kids nowadays *tsk tsk*". I remember I only had my first hp when I was in form 4 like that haha.

























Soaking in hot bubble bath and looking out to Tokyo Tower from my room's window were my 癒し (relaxation) every night. I think I did a pretty good job fluffing the bubbles XD. 



I went up Tokyo Tower with them and regretted that I have never been up with boyboy before. Since I have always had near zero interest in going up high buildings to look over city views, I was surprised that I enjoyed myself as much.

This one reminds me of a startfish.

 And I finally found out why there is a layer of blue color in the red Tokyo Tower when looked from outside. Haha I ish horrible guide.. Didn't know there were two floors of observation deck so we spent most of the time on the floor we arrived at. Then when we were trying to leave, we found out we have to take the stairs down one floor for the elevators to go down. And we arrived at this mesmerizing blue floor.


Every day I am reminded again and again how energetic, mischievous and emotional teenagers can be. And thank god I am over that period (@^^@)/






Thinking back there were really plenty of funny moments over the week.

小瓜們 sibeh cute and the kl officials were all so friendly that though I didn't go back home this summer, being with them for 24/7 did gave me the sensation of being back in Malaysia. Thanks ("⌒∇⌒")

No comments:

Featured Post

Saipan Day 4 Diving at Grotto